Monday, November 22, 2010

Let it snow!


Jozie did NOT love the snow - and wanted to stay curled up in a blanket - all day.

4 days before my wedding I woke up at 7:40 to let the cat out. It was cool, I was tired, I decided to go back to work b/c I am on holidays. I slept in for the first time in a very long time. When I woke up at 9:40, outside changed from dry and cold - to SNOW. I actually couldn't believe it. It was incredible. I love the snow. I love the cold. I love that it's winter, and our winter wedding is happening in 4 days. 4 DAYS!!!!

I love this shot of Magnum's face - he looks so hurt that she won't share the blanket.

4 days before my wedding, I couldn't meet the wedding coordinator b/c the roads were a little too icy for me to feel comfortable driving downtown. Although our truck has 4 wheel drive, good tires, and I grew up driving in the snow, I don't feel so comfortable with the other crazies on the road.

4 days before my wedding I almost finished all of the favours. Well, almost... I still have more to do with them. I feel that it will all be endless. Part of me will be excited for the day to come and everything to be completed - but then part of me will miss it all.

For tonight's dinner - I had to make a quick dinner, that was full of comfort. How could it not be on such a cold and blistery evening.

I made this Meat Pie. I used a new reduced fat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. I could make this pie every night and Chris would love it. I served it with lots of fresh mushrooms instead of canned. And I served it with a salad.

We are having dinner at our house on Thursday night. Wedding friends, out of towners, family - I am not quite sure what is going to be on the menu. I am thinking of cooking up a bunch of appys and then a huge pot of chili with all the fixin's. Not quite sure - but I know that if over 20 are over for dinner 2 days before we wed, that it should be an easy dinner.

Ok - I need to get off my Royal Canadian and hit the hay.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chers, I cannot believe it is only 4 days, I better get my butt in order. Things to do. 4 days and I have a legal SIL,although I have always considered him a SILAnonymous HaHa