Thursday, November 4, 2010

Priceless.



Priceless.

I have been thinking of this word a lot lately. I'm not really sure why it has been on my mind but it has been. I love the Master Card commercials that show the value of things and then show the effect and they say it is 'priceless'.

I have a lot of relationships with family and friends that I feel are priceless. Let me explain - I hope a. you're not falling a sleep, or b. you are asking me what the he** I am talking about.

The other night, I was over at my mom's (priceless relationship) and I was looking at pictures. Old pictures. Full of so many memories. I wouldn't trade those memories that the pictures give me for anything - they are priceless. Pictures of my dad, my oldest nephew when he was a baby, my brother and sister and I together when we all lived at home, my mom, cousins, grandparents, pups, friends.... it was really fulfilling. Can you ever imagine life without pictures?

Looking at the pictures of my nephews and nieces - and although I love to spoil them with 'pricey' things - the love and how much I adore them is priceless. The relationships that I have with them and their hugs and love - priceless. Family is so important - and I can't wait for our family to be extended - I feel that Chris is so blessed to be joining that all love him. And I feel so blessed to be joining his.

Our wedding - 23 days - the countdown = Priceless.

I would love to hear from you - what is priceless to you?

I guess what I am trying to say and express - is that life is so valuable - and having wonderful people to share it with is priceless.

Alrighty - let's talk business. I am sorry, but I have no new recipes today. It's like I have been on strike around here. I cooked on Tuesday night, then last night because it was College night - I had an old fashioned college dinner - Subway - Chris was cooking. Tonight I went to dinner with my friend, Maegan, so no cooking again. I promise to cook again, I just don't know when. I might just stay on strike until Sunday. And the only reason why I will cross the picket line on that day is because we are having friends in for dinner. I am not really sure why I am striking, but it sounds sort of fun. Rebel. Cook this! Sniff.

What I do have for you though - is a quick recipe on how to roast pumpkin seeds. My gf told me that she was doing this the other day and said that it was really easy. I remember my mom and dad doing this all the time when we were kids. I loved them. I have never done anything with the seeds, but that is changing my friends. I secretly want to go out and buy a whack load of pumpkin seeds b/c I love these so much.

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Raw seeds from the pumpkin

Cooking spray

Kosher Salt

Pre-heat the oven to 325.

With your hand or a big spoon, scoop out the insides of the pumpkin. Pick the seeds out and place them in a strainer. Rinse them and them pat them dry.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray a light coat of cooking spray. Then place the seeds on the sheet in a single layer, and lightly season with kosher salt.

Bake in the 325 oven for 20-25 minutes.

Chris is also in love with these. He rated this a 10+.

Alright - I am going to curl up with a cup of something - maybe tea - and unwind and think about how truly awesome this weekend will be. It will be priceless.

Loves.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless to me is something that you can not buy with money. Love, friendship, family, memories, etc..
How could we live without them.
Mom