Tuesday, December 14, 2010

NO MORE RAIN!





It's a very, very wet night here in this city. Wet, dark and cold. During the day, there was probably 30 minutes where their was palish blue bits of sky peering through the dull sky. It stopped raining for about 1 minute and then it started to pour down again - and there were bits of wet big snow flakes. I was excited for a couple of minutes - thinking that the rain would change to snow. I thought that the dull grey would transform everything to white fluff.

See, I love the snow. Love it. I don't love it for 5 months of the year, but I would love it for a couple of weeks. Just enough to make it feel like winter. And see, I don't love the rain. Everything being wet and grey is not appealing. I want it to be cold and dry - so that I can wear a nice toque. I want it to be cold and snowy so that I can wear my new winter boots. I want it to be winter so that it we have a white Christmas and everything looks peaceful.

I know that I am probably asking for a lot - but it's just the winter blahs that I am having. Sigh.


When we were in Vancouver this past weekend, I saw a bunch of different shops that were displaying TOMS. I bought a pair of TOMS about a year and a half ago. I wore them to the Tragically Hip concert shortly after I got them, and two 'ladies' made fun of them. I hope that they go to Robson Street - because my shoes were in all of the windows that the TOMS were. Fancy. I have to dust them off and bring them out this holiday season. Who doesn't love silver sparkly shoes? No seriously, who doesn't?

Alright, it's about time that I share a recipe with you. It's been quite some time. It was like I was changing my blog to a wedding one.


Rosemary Garlic Buns

1 package of frozen (uncooked) buns
2 tbsp of butter
3-4 cloves of garlic - minced
2 tbsp of rosemary - chopped

Remove the frozen buns from the package and let defrost in a baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil. Arrange them in the pan so that they are all touching. I like to add them so that one is not directly beside the other one, but about half way, and then the next one is halfway down, etc. Let them sit out for a couple of hours prior to baking so that they defrost and rise slightly.

Pre-heat the oven to 375.

In a saucepan (or microwave) melt the butter and add the chopped garlic and rosemary. Spoon the butter mixture over the buns. Then bake them for about 30 minutes. Keep an eye on them as ovens are different and they may take a couple of minutes longer or shorter.


And that's it. They come out light and fluffy on the inside, and have a flavourful crust. They are perfect for the Christmas season.

Alright - time to get back to my Christmas movie. I am finding that being home sick two days - has me addicted to the cheesy Christmas movies.

Loves.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Meggles said...

I love sparkly shoes!! Those were no 'ladies' if you ask me. They also look great on you. Perfect shoes for the Christmas season indeed. You could also watch Santa Paws....

Anonymous said...

In my day we wore silver sparkly high heels, they were cool!!! One would ask you why didn't you use your bread maker for the buns? Just curious.