Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 - Well Hello!

Well, hello. If my very late post for the start of 2011 is a sign of what this year will be like, I may be in trouble. Let's say it isn't.

Happy New Year! I wish you all the very best that this brand spank'n new year has to offer. I think that this year is going to be a good one. For me personally, as I get older, I feel that setting resolutions aren't as important to me as they were when I was younger. Now, I feel that I like to set goals, and try and make them happen. Maybe they're the same thing, but for me, 'resolution' has always been a bit stressful. Pressure. I think that I was always pressured to think of resolutions, then probably didn't like what I chose, so then stressed about not making realistic ones. Oh my little one...

For me for 2011, I have a few goals. Some that I will share, and some that I have to work on, on my own.
1. Health. My health needs to be foremost the most important thing. If I am not healthy, then how can I be the best that I can be? I struggle with this thought process as I find it a bit selfish. I need to get over that.
2. Organized. I need to get my house in order. I think that if my house is in order, that my first goal will be easier. I often joke that my house is like the TV show 'Hoarders' - it isn't. It's not even close - except that one time when my friend Jocelyn was down for dental surgery and the spare room had stuff everywhere. Really it's neat and tidy - but I have a lot of stuff that I don't need. I need to maximize the space that we have, so need to get rid of the stuff that is allowing me to do so.
3. Create. I want to continue trying to post recipes on a regular basis - and find healthy and flavourful options. And, I want to learn to take better pictures of my creations.

So... those are what I will share with you for now, and I will give updates.

2011 Update:
Health: I am finally feeling better. This 'bug' or whatever I have had for the past 3 weeks, has kicked my butt. Literally. I managed to go to bed at 11 last night instead of the usual 8:15pm.
Organize: Yesterday I 'undecorated' the house. Chris and I tackled it together - and what a relief. Today I tidied up the rest of the house and put things back where they should be. I plan to tackle two kitchen cupboards in the next couple of weekends.
Create: Although I have made simple dinners lately - nothing new - (stir fry and soft tacos) I have started on the picture portion of my goal. Chris gave me a new Canon Rebel camera for Christmas. Hoorah!!! I love it. It's been a lot of fun. I really have no idea how to use it - but I have figured out how to turn it on, point and shoot, and download the pics.

This is what I wanted to post on January 1st - a documentary of our day.

first pic (that wasn't blurry).
I like to call this one 'Take 17'. She was tired of posing.

To the park - Starbucks in hand. Starting out the year right.
I like to call this one 'Don't look for the monobrow'. Don't. Seriously.
Magnum impatiently waiting to start our stroll.
Happy pups and husband.
Then it was off to Steph and Stagia's for a little New Year 'binary' party. :) Incredible food - lovely hosts.
After we left Steph's we came out to this - the sky was amazing. We had to drive a bit to try and get the best view. The pic doesn't do the sky justice.
Ended the night at Jules' for a 'gourmet' chinese food dinner.

Well friends. I am just cooking a pot roast in the oven - I normally do it in the slow cooker, so hopefully it isn't as dry as a boot. I am all set to return back to work, and just wish that we had a couple of extra days to sleep in and enjoy an extra extended long weekend.

I hope that you are all well, and that 2011 has been kind to you so far.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: