Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Nemesis



Did you ever watch 'Seinfeld? Remember when Jerry and Newman would do something to upset the other and then Jerry would curl up his top lip and say 'Newman'. Well that is kind of what I am doing with the box of Girl Guide Cookies that were brought home. Every time I look at the box sitting on the counter I raise and shake my fist and say 'Girl Guides'.

They are my Nemesis.

*Please note that I didn't bring them home.
*Please note that I did eat some.
*Please note that there are not any chocolate cookies in the picture because there were none left.
*Please note that I did not eat all of the chocolate ones.


Meet Gunny. We brought Gunny home 2.5 years ago. We love him. The reason why we called him Gunny, was b/c when we would drive him he had a lot of power and would go fast in a split second (a term my mom uses all the time). It was a lot faster than our old wee Honda.

Well today, when I was trying to find parking at my trainer's, this happened.

Gasp!

I am so mad. First - the parking lot there is really ugly - one way in and one way our with kind of a turn around at the one end but if there are cars parked there, you can't turn around so you have to back out. So... backing up I hit a wall. Ugh! It was so tight between a car that was parked there and I was worried about the car - and I didn't see the wall!!!!! Chris isn't home yet - so we will see what he has to say.

I have dinner cooking on the stove. I don't really have recipe, mostly b/c I don't know what to call it. It is a Fast Food dinner. I will tell you what is in it and how I am cooking it.

No name dinner

1 pack of ground chicken
1 onion - chopped
2 peppers (yellow and orange) - chopped
3 stalks of celery - chopped
1 bag of spinach
1 can of white beans - rinsed and drained
3 cups of cooked brown rice (it was a leftover for us)
1 large can of diced tomatoes
Garlic
Oregano
Chili flakes

Saute the onion in olive oil and kosher salt. Add the ground chicken and saute until browned. Add the chopped vegetables, spinach, rice, beans and tomatoes and the spices.

Cover and let simmer to heat everything through.

And that's it. I am going to guess that Chris is going to rate it a 4. I will let you know.

Alright - I am off to have some dins.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: