Monday, March 21, 2011

Remember me?


Hello everyone. My name is Cheryl and I have a small food blog that at one time I used to write on a very regular basis. Then I just got out of routine - life happened - and I became unmotivated, uninspired and just not feeling like cooking.

Then a month ago I caught something - some sort of virus and it wiped me out. I missed over a week of work and didn't cook at all for about 2 weeks, and when I did eat, it was pretty much my mom's delicious homemade apple sauce. She spoiled me while I was sick - not sure what I would have done without my mom. I am on the mend - feeling about 85%.

So here I am again - saying that I am lug when it comes to this wee blog and that I will try and be more diligent. I am going to try. TRY. I have had quite a few people ask me when I am going to write again that they missed me. When I check out blogs and they haven't been updated - it is a little bit of a downer - and now I am doing that! What is wrong with me??? So that makes me feel that I should be trying to do this on a regular basis - get back to the time when I felt so rewarded every time that I did a blog - and how it was in some ways therapeutic. So, let's see how I do.

I really haven't been doing a lot of different dishes. I have been making a lot of our favourites, a lot of tried and tested, and ones that I know that Christoff enjoys. I have a few new faves - that I will be sure to tell you about. I just have to make them again so that I can post a pic of them. Jules has also been feeding Chris and I too - I have been there a lot - and need to get some of her recipes too.

So, just in case you were wondering - this is what we have been filling our faces with.

Toast
Roast
Pasta

Tonight is Chicken Adobo - one of Chris' faves. He likes to sing it when he says it. I don't really know why - but if it makes him happy then I am happy because that is what a good wife does. Sometimes I write things like that and I know that my friends and family would know that I am being sarcastic - but people that don't know me, may think that I am odd.

Alright, I feel good. I feel really good. I feel that in about 4 more minutes I am going to have completed a blog for the first time in a month. I am pumped. I am going to pump up the jam.

Friends - I love you. Thanks for stopping by and reading this - although it was probably very boring - but I promise some juicy stuff to come.

I hope that you are all well - and that life is treating you well.

Loves.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Megan said...

So glad you're feeling better and back!! :) I missed your posts!!

C. Mitchell said...

Thanks Megs!

Tracy said...

Yaaaaay.... so happy to read this!!! Welcome back friend and don't worry about the time away, sometimes it's good to have a break. :)

C. Mitchell said...

Thanks Tracy!