Wednesday, April 13, 2011

GO CANUCKS!



Please forgive me but for the next month or two, I will be pre-occupied with our Vancouver Canucks and the playoffs.

Vancouver just scored!!!!! 1-0, 7 minutes in. That's my boys!

They're not really my boys - but I have huge admiration for all of them. I love them. I love some more than others. They have had such an amazing season they can only continue. Please note that I haven't written about the Canucks this year - so if something should happen to tonight's game, I will never write about them again.

That is Jozie's hockey jersey. She is a true Canuck fan. She watches almost every game. She does not enjoy wearing her jersey - in fact, when I put it on her, she sat stiff as if she couldn't move. I think that she thinks that if she doesn't move, that I will take it off her. Don't worry we don't make her wear it - just for special occasions - like tonight - first night of the playoffs. Don't worry it's already off.

I am supposed to just be getting home from water aerobics. Please don't tell my trainer. I will tell her tomorrow while we are doing our 80 lunges, 30 burpees, 900 crunches, 40 Eff words... To be honest, I was all set to go, but something is happening in my 'womanly' area and I would rather curl up in a ball pretend that I am being punched in the gut.

Canucks just scored again!!! Did you hear me scream???? Please don't tell Chris the score if you see him before he gets home. He is PVR'ing the game and he would probably cry if he found out the score. Don't tell him? Are you calling him right now to tell him? Don't!!!!

I made a quick coleslaw tonight. I mean quick. It was a fast, easy dinner, and a great side to go with a turkey burger.

Some of you may not be impressed, but I bought the bag of coleslaw. I bought it for various reasons:
1. It was super cheap - $1.50 at Safeway
2. I didn't want to spend 4 hours chopping coleslaw
3. I was in a hurry and this is perfect

I am sure that getting a fresh head of cabbage would be much better (it is, I have done it before) but this is just so much easier and it tastes just as delicious with the dressing.


Mango coleslaw

2/3 of a bag of prepared coleslaw
2/3 cup of plain yogurt
1 mango, chopped into very small pieces
1 tsp hot sauce
1/2 cup pine nuts

In a large bowl add the yogurt and hot sauce and stir. Then add the chopped mango and stir together. Then add the prepared coleslaw to have it all coated in the dressing. Top with pine nuts and stir in.

I am trying not to use any mayonnaise so am substituting yogurt when I can. I don't actually have any mayo in the fridge at all, so yogurt is always a great substitution.

The mango is sweet but also a little tart. And so is the yogurt. If you want to take a little of the 'zing' off - I would recommend adding a tbsp of honey to the dressing before you add the mango and cabbage.

Alright, I have to go and pace.

We are all Canucks!!!

Loves.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who won, I was busy. Mom

Megan said...

Lol, my husband would love you, he's a Canucks fan too, in a big way. He has been known to buy an old car during playoffs just so he can spray-paint it and decorate it with Canucks emblems and drive it around. It's embarassing, but I still love him.

From Grannys Kitchen said...

Hello
Love your blog.. I am a granny who loves to cook for my family.. I have just become a follower of your blog and would love it if you dropped by to visit mine.
http://fromgrannyskitchen.blogspot.com/
Granny

C. Mitchell said...

Megan - your husband sounds like a true fan! He must be happy at how well they are doing now! It's so far so good!