Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter.



Happy Easter.

I hope that the Easter bunny brought you treats.

We are having Easter dinner at ours tonight. Not too many people over - but good friends and family and I am looking forward to having a good visit, watching the game and eating too much.
I finally am getting to use the beautiful cupcake stand that I got for my wedding shower. Love it!

I started prepping yesterday for Easter dinner. I cut up my onions, carrots and celery for the bottom of my roasting pan; I prepped the brussels sprouts; I browned the sausage, celery and onions for the stuffing; I made carrot cake cupcakes; and I clogged the garborator. Yep! So, the sink clogged too, and then Chris tried to fix it, and as of right now we do not have a functioning sink in the kitchen. This is not the first time I have done this. Our first Thanksgiving dinner in the house, I did the same thing. We called someone in and it was fixed right away, this time, we are not so fortunate. Thankfully we have Suite B - so I have been using that sink. I will definitely be getting my workout going up and down the stairs. Ha, I just sounded like my mom.

I have done anything different for dinner this time. I was so indecisive about what to make - I left it too long - so just bought what I found at the grocery store.

On the menu:

Turkey
Sausage stuffing
Roasted carrots in maple syrup
Roasted brussels sprouts
Broccoli - Chris' pick. This is not something that I ever make for a turkey dinner, but Chris' mom always did and I know that he always loves it.
Mashed potatoes - with rosemary garlic butter
Carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese icing and roasted coconut

I needed a quick break, so writing up a quick blog was a nice break.

I hope that everyone has a nice Easter.

I am off to do another run downstairs and wash some dishes.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

OMG... Emma, Jonathon and I are so excited about dinner tonight!!! The cupcakes look so pretty and the dinner sounds yummy :)
See you later and Happy Easter Friend!!