Friday, April 22, 2011

Rosalyn cakes

Hello Good Friday. Aren't all Friday's good?
It's the start of a 4 day weekend for me - and I am so excited. We don't have a lot of plans - we're just going to take it easy - walk the pups, hangout, putter around the house and just relax. I won't be able to complain that I have no time to do anything this weekend - b/c I have a feeling that I won't be making the most of the 4 days. Oh well. Sometimes our body need a break. Right?

We started the morning off with smoothies - just like these ONES. Very refreshing and a good way to start out the day.

We are probably going to take a trip to the Root Cellar in a bit and get some veggies for Easter dinner. I still have no clue what is going to be on the menu - except for turkey.

Ok, enough of the small chat - now I want to talk cake. I work with one of the most talented cake maker/decorators ever. Seriously. She is incredible. Her name is Rosalyn. She made our wedding cake, she did my mom's birthday cake, she did my friend Tracy's wedding cake and cupcakes and she is forever bringing in treats to work.





Yesterday she brought in these! They were seriously the cutest things that I had ever seen. I brought one home for Chris and he said that it was delicious. The patty was made out of just baked cake and then cream cheese added to it. The french fries were sugar cookies. The display was so gorgeous, so creative.



We all keep telling her that she has to do this for a business. I sure hope that she does. She is so talented and she loves doing it. If you are wanting a specialty cake made - let me know and I will pass her info on to you.

Alright - time to think about the rest of the day. I really want to get out in that sunshine since we haven't seen it in so long. I hope that you enjoy the day!

Loves.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

She should be doing that for a business! That's amazing! I have envy for those that are talented like that. I can make a simple cake but it doesn't look good!lol
Happy Easter my friend!
Can't wait to see what's on the menu!!
I'm doing the traditional turkey, pork sausage stuffing, sweet potatoe and turnip casserole and not sure what to do for the potatoes..I was thinking of doing something different...scalloped maybe??

Dennis said...

She definitely should be doing that as a business. She did a fantastic job on Luke's Birthday cake. It was a hit at the party and with all Tammy's friends on Facebook.

C. Mitchell said...

Jenny, your dinner sounds deelish! Scalloped potatoes sound so good. I am planning on serving mashed - and then adding rosemary garlic butter. Hopefully it turns out.
Happy Easter!!!

C. Mitchell said...

Hi Dennis - Luke's cake was so great! She did such a good job of it. She definitely needs to start a business.