Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Smoothy-a-licious



I just sat down with my laptop and I am thinking of what tonight's post would be about. I went back to April 5th of 2010, and I wrote about Easter. Easter was so early last year - it's much later this year. Days before Easter, our little Magnum went missing. Remember THIS.

Oh that was a hard couple of days. We still feel so fortunate that we got him home safe and sound - that someone didn't decide to take him home with them and never send him home to his family. That little guy is still a huge love of ours and our friends and family - he is a gem.

There are a few birthdays today - Auntie Babs - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and my good friend Maegan - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Alright - just a short and sweet post.

Sunday morning, while still on holidays, I made a healthy and delicious breakfast. Eggs, sausage, pumpernickel toast and smoothies. I had bought a bag of frozen blueberries, I had a bunch of plain yogurt and lots of fresh strawberries. Everything for the perfect smoothy.


Sims Style Smoothies

1 banana
10 fresh or frozen strawberries
1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1 tbsp of honey

Place the fruit in the blender and blend until the fruit is pureed. Add the yogurt and continue to puree. Through the lid of the blender, add the honey while the smoothy is still pureeing.

And that's it! They are cold, sweet, and so delicious. I love them!! They are a treat for us b/c I never have the time to make them. Or, I just don't like cleaning the blender. I think that may be it.

The colour of this is so beautiful to me - it is so gorgeous.


*I prefer to use fresh berries instead of frozen - but they are both delicious.

Alright friends, I hope you're enjoying your evening.

Loves.

Enjoy!!

No comments: