Monday, July 18, 2011

Peas

I am craving chocolate right now. I am not really sure why, but I am trying to distract myself from running to the store to pretend that I need toilet paper or something - so that I can accidentally can throw in a Coffee Crisp or KitKat or something. Then I distract myself by remembering I stocked up on toilet paper this week already for AirMiles. Ugh. Life is so hard. Just kidding - it's not hard at all, it's good.

I find that I am struggling a bit this week - trying not to eat what I shouldn't. Like chocolate. I bought some fresh raspberries and blackberries - they are so good - and have been helping with my cravings. I just open the fridge and grab handfuls - ooh lala - they are so delicious.

On Saturday when I was trying to cook up a storm, I tried a new recipe that I have been wanting to try for a long time. Pea puree. I think that it needs a new name - something a little more flashy and appetizing. I used frozen, organic peas and shelled edamame. I loved the texture that the edamame gave. Chris really liked this, but said that he would have liked for it to be maybe a bit more creamier - I agreed - so next time I will try to figure this out.

I tried to keep this low fat without adding a lot of oil or other things. I really liked this and will make it again - and loved the natural colours that the peas gave - just gorgeous.


Pea Puree Sims Style

1 1/2 cups of frozen peas
1/2 cup shelled edamame
2 cloves of garlic - minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and pepper
Baguette

Boil the frozen peas and edamame for 5 minutes. Drain and place in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and puree until creamy. The edamame will still be a bit coarse, but it gives the dish a nice texture. If you are wanting it to be a bit more creamy, I would recommend adding a bit more olive oil.

Slice the baguette into 1 inch slices and place on a baking sheet and heat in a 350 oven for about 15-20 minutes.

I served the puree on the bread, but you could also place the puree in a bowl and put the bread slices along side.

Alrighty that's it for me for tonight. I am having a cold glass of iced tea - and oh how it is blocking my chocolate craving.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: