Saturday, August 20, 2011

Eat your veggies!


Prepare for Veggie Day. That's right, Veggie Day. Well, I actually don't think that there is such a thing - but there should be. My friend Beth has started to have Meatless Mondays - deciding to have no meat once a week. So, I thought that I would do the same thing - I just don't think that it will be Mondays - I am not sure what day it will be - maybe it will be more than one day - maybe I will switch it up from week to week. The possibilities are endless.

Today on this hot sunny summer day, I made some veggie style burgers for lunch. In one of my magazines they had a recipe for quinoa burgers - so I got the inspiration from that, and just did them Sims Style.

Hummus Quinoa Burgers Sims Style

1 cup of cooked quinoa - after cooked add juice of lemon and a tsp of kosher salt and let cool
1 cup of Hummus
1 egg
1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs

Add cooked quinoa and hummus together and mix. Add in the bread crumbs and the egg. Mix together and form in to medium size patties.

In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the burgers and cook 7-8 minutes each side or until lightly browned.

I served these with pea shoots that had been drizzled with creme de balsamic and served the patty on top of a slice of tomato.

The thing that I really like about these, is that the seasoning is already done with the quinoa and the hummus. They are light, flavourful and very easy to make.

Chris rated these a 5!!!

This would be a great dish to start a veggie day.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: