Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sweet, sweet Saturday.



Sweet Saturday. Up and at 'em early. Well not really early and not really up and at 'em. We have had breakfast - and walked the pups - cleaned the kitchen - and now I am sitting on my Royal Canadian while Chris is off at Kunga.

I wanted to tell you about what we had for breakfast today. I am pretty sure it may be my new favourite breakfast - and the possibilities of how this can be served up are endless. My Auntie Barb told me about this - so I had to give it a try.


Skillet Pancake with fresh fruit

Pancake:
2 tbsp of butter
3 eggs
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of milk
1 tsp of vanilla

Pre-heat the oven to 425. In a bowl, mix the eggs, flour, milk and vanilla until smooth. On the stove top, heat the skillet and add the butter until it is melted. Ensure that the butter coats the skillet.

Add the pancake mixture to the skillet and bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes. The sides will rise up. I loved the rustic look of this - I was very excited when I pulled it out of the oven.


Fresh fruit:
1 nectarine - cored and chopped
1 nectarine - cored and chopped
1.5 cups of blueberries
1 tbsp of cane sugar

In a pan, add all the fruit and cane sugar. Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes - stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.

It's all ready and you can serve it up - cut the pancake like a pie - and serve with the warm fruit.

C rated this a 5!!
Jozie was hoping for a taste. We gave her one - how could we refuse this face.

I am excited to make this again. I think that I will try baking the batter in my popover tins and serving with fruit. I think that you could add fresh herbs to make it savory and serve with smoked salmon and capers.

Alright friends - I hope that you're all enjoying your summer Saturday.

Loves.

Enjoy!!

No comments: