Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Half full!

IMG_1459

Happy Wednesday. Oh my Wednesday's are the 'glass is half empty/half full' day of the week. I am going with half full this week. If I picked 'half empty' I would be loafing around in my comfy clothes, eating mac & cheese (with bacon) and pigging out on Halloween candy, while sobbing that this is the longest week of my life. Uh, something about that scenario is kind of close to what I am actually doing. I am happy to report that I haven't touched the Halloween candy and I am not sobbing. I did however, eat mac & cheese tonight, and I am lazing around in cozy clothes.

I had the greatest weekend in America. I like to call it that. We went to just north of Seattle to do some shopping. We hit the Seattle Premium Outlet Mall and then a couple of malls in Mt. Vernon. My mom and I were dedicated shoppers. My mom spoiled me rotten. We had such a good time, and got some great clothes and deals. I am all set for winter season. We only got lost a couple of times, which was a good thing. The ferry from Sidney to Anacortes is a beautiful trip. I think that I am going to make this an annual thing.

IMG_1448
The night before we left, I made a pumpkin loaf. Are you tired of pumpkin recipes yet? I haven't made pumpkin loaf before - I adapted my Zucchini bread recipe - and I will definitely make this again.

I did a regular sized loaf and then a small loaf that I added organic dried cranberries to.

Pumpkin Loaf

Pre-heat the oven to 350.

2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups pumpkin puree
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of kosher salt
3 cups of flour
1 cup of chopped walnuts

In a large bowl mix together the eggs. sugar, and vanilla. Add in the pumpkin puree and the vegetable oil and mix together. Sprinkle with the baking soda and salt. Add in the flour and mix it. Add in the walnuts, raisins and the lemon zest.

Place in a large loaf pan or two smaller loaf pans.

Bake for 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Remove it from the pan - and enjoy!!

IMG_1460

I enjoy the pumpkin loaf at Starbucks as a treat - and I think that this recipe was almost as deelish.

Loves.

Enjoy!!

No comments: