Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mmmmm Bacon

IMG_1451

Today is my Friday. Super short week for me. Tomorrow my mom and I are heading down to America to do some shopping. We are hitting the outlet malls - having a little adventure - a little road trip - mother/daughter bonding - and shopping, shopping, shopping. I am also going to count how many times my mom says 'Ah Crap!' - it's her new thing and it cracks us up. We are both really excited - it'll be nice to have a little time away together and to find some great shopping deals.

We are pretty much done all of our turkey leftovers - day 2 of homemade turkey soup. There is nothing better than a hot pot of homemade soup. Tonight's dinner I made biscuits to go with it. My usual biscuit recipe - more and just added bacon and cheese. Does bacon make everything better? So many chefs on tv says it does - and I don't really think that it 'can't' make it better.

IMG_1450

Bacon Cheddar Biscuits

2 cups of flour
4 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of kosher salt
1/4 cup of butter
1 cup of shredded cheese - I used mozzarella
1/2 cup of chopped bacon - about 7-8 slices
1 egg
2/3 cup of milk

Pre-heat the oven to 425.

Place the bacon on an aluminum lined baking pan. Bake the bacon for about 10-15 minutes. Until it is crispy but not too crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and place on paper towel to help drain the grease.

In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add in the butter and with a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the butter until it is in pea sized pieces. Add the shredded cheese and the bacon.

In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then add the milk and mix together. Add the egg/milk to the dry ingredients and mix together.

Place biscuit size biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes.

IMG_1456

Serve warm.

Alright - I have to go and catch up on Jersey Shore - just kidding - I'm not even watching it right now - I don't even know that they just had a fight. I don't even know.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: