Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas is coming

The countdown is on... only 13 days left until Christmas. It's always an exciting time of the year. Decking the halls, baking the treats, wrapping the gifts... I have decked the halls, I haven't baked any treats and I have only wrapped 2 gifts. I need to get my Christmas butt in gear.

I plan to bake whipped shortbreads today, make some Christmas tags, finish a birthday gift, and make a grocery list. I know, action packed. Crazy Christmas rebel, I am.

cherylandchris-1-1

I wanted to share a few photos that my friend Tracy took of us on our first anniversary a few weeks ago. I don't really like getting my photo taken - but Tracy always ends up taking great photos. Our plan is to have a picture taken each year.

cherylandchris-8-4

If you're like me and this time of year sort of consumes you a bit, and the last thing that you want to worry about is a weeknight meal, and want something easy, check out this super easy, super delicious pork chop recipe. I have made it twice in two weeks and it was a hit both times.

IMG_1724

Pork Chops with Balsamic Drizzle

6 pork loin chops (boneless)
Kosher salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes
1/2 cup of balamic vinegar
1/2 cup of honey
2 cloves of garlic - minced

In a large skillet, lightly coat it with olive oil. Heat pan to medium heat.

Season one side of the chops with kosher salt and pepper and pinch of red pepper flakes. Put the season side down in the hot pan, and then season the other side. Cook each side for 6-7 minutes.

While the chops are cooking, place the balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic in a saucepan and over medium heat, whisk together. Reduce heat and let the sauce reduce and thicken. Stir often.

IMG_1725

When the pork chops are ready, drizzle with the balsamic sauce and serve.

Super easy, super fast, and super delicious.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: