Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Things I Love

I read Pioneer Woman's blog today - and I loved one of her posts. She just wrote the things that she loved. I'm stealing that idea. I don't think that she will mind. She may - but hopefully she won't.

Things I love.

When the house is nice and warm on a cold night

Hearing my baby niece call me 'AaAa'

London Fog's from Starbucks - made just the way I like it - non-fat, sugar free, extra hot

When my husband wears his 'cozy clothes' (aka pj bottoms) b/c it means he's home for good for the night

A clean house

A dry dog walk on a cool day

Chocolate

Goat cheese

Bruce Springsteen

How my nephew looks like my dad when he was young

Coke Zero

Snow

My deck in the summer

My beside yard neighbour - Beside Yard Barb

Weekends

Our annual family reunions

G & T's

Margaritas

Blood oranges

Invincible with Mark Wahlberg

The Walking Dead (the show)

My Canon Rebel

My mom

Ice cream

My trainer/friend Tanya

Friends

My wedding

Cookbooks

Christmas

My dogs

Sunday mornings

Wooden utensils

Sunshine through the window

The Office

Ellen

Family

New shoes

Painted toes

Hydrangeas

Lemons

Top Chef

Dirty Laundry wine

Poinsettias

Turtleneck sweaters

Hot chocolate with marshmallows

Cows

Homemade pizza

Blueberries

Movies

The ocean

Serving dishes

Cloth napkins

Whipped cream

Laughing out loud

Of course - these are in no specific order.


Alright - enough about my loves. I am going to share a new soup recipe that I love. It's a good'n. It's deelish and it's good for you. Who knew?

IMG_2010

Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic White bean soup with Rosemary

1 cauliflower
2 cloves of garlic
1 can of white kidney beans
Fresh rosemary - 2-3 sprigs
4 cups of stock (I used chicken)
1 cup of water
Olive oil
1 medium onion - chopped
Kosher salt and pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 425.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the cauliflower into small bunches. Either drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, or spritz with oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper. For the garlic, place the cloves in aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of kosher salt and pepper - wrap it in the foil and place on the cookie sheet with the cauliflower.

Roast the garlic for about 20 minutes and continue to roast the cauliflower for another 5-10 minutes.

Rinse the beans thoroughly. In a food processor, grind the rosemary with the garlic. Add in the white beans and 1/4 cup of the stock*.

IMG_2007

In a large pot. saute the onion in a tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt. Saute for about 10 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add in 1/2 cup of the stock to deglaze the pan slightly. Add in the white bean mixture and stir it into the stock. Add in the remainder stock, water and the roasted cauliflower.

Let the cauliflower simmer for about 15 minutes. Using a hand blender, or a blender, puree the cauliflower.

And that's it.

*Stock - I have found a new favourite stock - Kitchen Basics. I really love this stock. I love the vegetable and the no salt added chicken. They are so flavourful and to me taste almost like homemade. I have found these at Safeway. I would highly recommend trying these when you are needing stock.

IMG_2009

Alrighty friends. I hope that you had a blissful Valentine's Day.

Loves.

Enjoy!




No comments: