Sunday, March 25, 2012

ELLO London.

Happy Sunday.
It's a gorgeous one here this morning. Just lovely. Bright, blue sky. Crisp and cool. My most favourite day.
We were at my friend, Maegan's, birthday last night. The theme - Golf Pro or Tennis Ho - so fun. We weren't in costume - we're boring. It was a good time - very entertaining.
On the menu for today - a dog walk, cleaning the kitchen, shopping with my mom for some clothes for her upcoming cruise, dinner with friends.
I am not sure what is happening - but we cannot keep the kitchen clean. I swear - it's clean one minute - and the next minute it looks like Tornado Sally has whipped through. Who is Sally anyways? It's more like C & C - whipping through. Ugh! Oh well - a clean kitchen is so much better than a dirty one.

After the day is done - I am going to treat myself to one of these. Do you know what it is? Guess!

IMG_2081

'ELLO is that London?'
That's my friend Tracy's English accent. It's so good.

I always order these at Starbucks. This exact way!

Grande - non-fat - sugar free - London Fog - extra hot.

London Fog - is a mix between earl grey tea and steamed milk. I was at a party once and I met the wife of one of Chris' friend who he used to do Kung Fu with. She was a police officer and told me that she didn't eat donuts and hang out in donut shops - but she would frequent Starbucks for London Fogs. The first time I had one, I was hooked. And then I had more, and more.

So this is my take on making them.

London Fog

IMG_2074

1 cup of earl grey tea - any type will do - but if you can get your hands on some David's Tea - Cream of Earl Grey - do it! It's the most amazing tea.
1 cup of low fat milk - you don't have to use low fat
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp of something sweet - I use Agave syrup - but you could use honey, or sugar

IMG_2075

Make your tea. Add in your sweet - and stir so it is all blended together. Easy.
Steam your milk, adding the vanilla. Heat it over low heat - being careful not to scorch it. When the milk is heated - to hot - it's time to froth it. I have one of THESE.

IMG_2078

Pour the tea in to the cup. Top it up with the steamed milk. And then top with the milk foam.

And that's it. It's creamy, deelish.

IMG_2079
Alright - off to start the day.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tracy Risinger said...

ELLO, it's LONDON calling!!! cheryl, it's Tracy. it's not really London, you just THINK it's London because of my amazing accent. fooled you. ;)