Thursday, March 15, 2012

History.

IMG_2059
I can't remember if I have ever said that I love chocolate. Hm, I wish that I could remember. Oh whatever, I will just tell you again. I love chocolate. I can't help it. I come by it naturally. My grandma - loved chocolate. My dad - loved chocolate. I have quite a few memories surrounding chocolate. Is that weird? I hope not. If it is - please pass this next part - just read on. If you don't think that it's weird - then enjoy.

1. When we were kids, my dad used to by a jumbo Jersey Milk or Malted Milk chocolate bar and put it in the freezer. On a Sunday night - we would all sit on the couch and watch Disney in our pj's. Well my dad wasn't wearing his pj's. He would get up every so often and go to the freezer and cut us each a little piece. I can still picture it. The anticipation of another piece of chocolate was so exciting.
2. When I was 4, I used to go to Nursery school. It was walking distant from our house. I remember a time when my grandparents were in town visiting and they came to pick me up after school. My grandma promised me that we would stop at Lilo's on the way home and pick up a little treat. We stopped at Lilo's - picked out some type of chocolate - and walked home. I can remember the weather being cold and blistery and my granddad being far behind us walking in the wind.
3. Purdy's chocolates made it into our house every Christmas. My grandparents would send us a jumbo box for us all to share. My sister and I mastered unwrapping the box, picking from the bottom layer, and then wrapping the box back up and putting it under the tree. Oh, we still do this by the way. My sister and I can pretty much be the Purdy's chocolate map. Ask me pretty much any one and I can tell you what kind it is. Seriously. I dare you!
4. Tiger Fudge was our wedding favours. We love it.

Alright, enough about chocolate. I don't have an addiction. I just really like it. I 'could' live without it - but I have chosen not to.

Remember the chocolate ice cubes? They were a hit. These chocolate 'donuts' were also a hit.

Well I wanted to share another chocolate treat. I made these the other night for Stuffy - and the finale of Top Chef Texas (I loved that show). I saw the recipe online - and when I went back to look for it - I couldn't remember where I found it. Thankfully I sort of remembered the recipe. Uh - that is weird. I could read a textbook when I was in school - over and over - and it would sort of just enter the brain - and then exit. Now, when I read a recipe - I am able to read it once and remember it. I would say like 80% of the time. What the what???

Ok - get on with it already. Dear Cheryl, we don't want a history of your life.
Fine!

IMG_2065

No Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes

1 cup of cookie crumbs*
2 tbsp of melted butter
1/2 cup of cream cheese - softened
2/3 cup of nutella
2 cups of whipped topping - thawed
Chocolate for topping

*Cookie crumbs - Christoff doesn't like graham wafer crusts - so I used digestive cookies and just pureed them in the food processor.

Melt the butter and add it into the cookie crumbs. Mix well - and add to the bottom of the dishes that you are going to use (you'll serve them in the same dishes).

With a hand blender - whip the cream cheese and add in the nutella. Mix it all together. Fold in the whipped topping - gently - ensuring that it is all blended. Place this goodness on top of cookie crumbs. Top with whipped topping if you like - and some chocolate shavings.

IMG_2063
Place them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes - and you have a deelish treat. If you don't want to use whipped topping - try whipped cream - and you can even keep it unsweetened.

Makes 6 servings.

Alrighty friends. Love one another. Love chocolate.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: