Wednesday, March 14, 2012

No squeezing. What? Why?

IMG_0839


Oh man this kid. I just heart him. He is my nephew - 'phew. I could squeeze him, but apparently squeezing children is frowned upon. I could pinch those little cheeks, but apparently that is also not something that is favourable.

He is 13. Thirteen! I remember when he was born. I remember it like it was yesterday. It wasn't yesterday of course, because he is 13 - actually almost 13 1/2. When he was born it was around Halloween. His brother was 4. I made a Halloween costume for his brother - he was a cowboy. I made him one of those horse puppet things - with a stick so it could look like he was riding it. One night when my sister and this wee bundle were in the hospital, his older brother and I were sleeping on the hide a bed - and he woke me up because he got sick everywhere. Apparently you shouldn't let 4 year olds eat too much Halloween candy. Who knew?

This little punk and I (he's not really a punk, I just like to call him that) hung out tonight. We did a dog walk, we ate pistachios, then we went to NoodleBox for dinner at Uptown and pigged out.

I dropped him off and decided that I really don't want him to ever grow up. Thinking about him growing up makes my heart hurt. I know that he will grow to be a wonderful young man - like he is now - I just wish that it would be like another 35 years or something.

I think that I might have heartburn.

IMG_2072

I made these last night for dinner. Guess what it is.

Guess!!!!!

What do you think it is? If you guessed cauliflower- you are smart.

Yes, that is what it is. I have made these before - check it out HERE - but this time I altered it slightly.

Mashed Cauliflower with Dill

1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup of greek yogurt
3 tbsp fresh dill
1/4 cup of fresh parmesan
Kosher salt and pepper

Cut up the cauliflower in to small pieces and place in a large pot full of water. Bring the water to a boil and gently boil for about 20-25 minutes - until they are soft to touch. Drain the water.

Finely chop the dill and add it to the yogurt. I had some great greek yogurt by Astro - that my mom gave me. It is deelish.

With a potato master, mash the cauliflower. Add in the dill yogurt and mix well. Season with kosher salt and pepper and add in the grated parmesan.

IMG_2071

And that's it really. Super easy. Super tasty. And healthy.

Alright - I have to go and squeeze my pups before my husband gets home and tells me that squeezing pups isn't a good idea.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: