Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Where???

Oh where oh where has my blog been?
Get it? It's being sung to the tune of 'Oh where oh where has my baby been?'

To be honest I am not really sure where I have been. I definitely haven't been in Mexico, Aruba, Florida the Panama Canal - like my mom  was. I wish. I wasn't at the Bruce Springsteen concert in LA. I wish. I wasn't in Tuscany taking weeks and weeks of cooking classes. I wish. 

So, really I have been here (home, work, dog walking, gardening, getting the deck ready for summer, baking lots of rhubarb pies), there (dinner and lunches with friends and family, working out with my trainer aka El Diablo, working out at the gym, unable to walk after working out with El Diablo) and everywhere (I wish).

I have a bunch of new recipes - but I haven't been very smart - and haven't captured them on the camera - so good thing - I will need to make them again. This is what I have been making though:

IMG_1963 

Mini Beet Burgers - remember them here?
Mini salmon burgers with dill caper mayo
Braised leeks - hello!!! New favourite
Marinated steak
Tequila chicken wings
Rhubarb compote
Rhubarb custard pie - check them out here
Every type of smoothie you can imagine
Seafood Chowder - sweet sweet Seafood Chowder
Homemade granola

Well friends - I promise to get off my Royal Canadian and get some recipes up in this pooch.

And I would like to leave you with my new favourite quote:

everything will be okay in the end. if it's not okay. it's not the end. - unknown

Loves.

Enjoy!





1 comment:

Megan said...

I really want to try beet burgers. I saw them on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and they sounded yummy. Yours looks so good!