Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Blueberry Love

IMG_3039 
My blueberry bush - there are so many - and they are so close to being ready to be picked


I love blueberries. So much. I love them like no other fruit - and I love a lot of fruit. Trust me. I love them in everything. I was thinking today about why I love them so much - and I think that besides they taste like sweet little gems of love and goodness, I think that it's because of my grandma's blueberry pie. (You can find the recipe HERE). There are a few things that I can remember my grandma making when I was young - and this is the one that sticks out the most. Actually - that's not true. There was this incredible chicken dish that she made too - that was my birthday dinner dish for years. I have to make that sometime soon.

IMG_3008


Anyways - I am in hoarding mode right now. Hoarding blueberries. It's like I am worried that I won't have enough for the winter months. I am pretty sure that I won't run out.

I made a batch of blueberry muffins today and blueberry ice cubes. Say what? I know! Blueberry ice cubes. So deelish.

IMG_3023 


 Blueberry Ice Cubes

1 cup of fresh blueberries
1 cup of water
1 tsp of cane sugar

Add all of the ingredients to a pot. Heat on medium high for about 10 minutes. The blueberries will break down. Using a fine mesh strainer, pour the juice through into a bowl - and squeeze all the delicious juices through. Let the juice cool off - and then pour into an ice cube tray.

It makes 12 ice cubes.

IMG_3022


When they are fully frozen - add them to sparkling water or club soda. I think adding a splash of vodka would be a sweet treat too.

Deelish.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

heathperry said...

marry me!

(and i'll steal all your blueberries)

(i love them so much too)