Monday, July 30, 2012

Not a 'traditional' breakfast

This morning - I have the day off. I got up early (can't seem to ever sleep in, but I like it that way) and I made a 'treat' breakfast for myself. Somedays you just have to do that.

IMG_2996

Grilled Peach Panini with Basil and Bocconcini

1 peach
6 Basil leaves
Light cream cheese
Bocconcini cheese
Bread (I used a multigrain baguette*)
Fresh ground pepper

*My baguette was a little 'crunchy' not fresh - so I dampened a tea towel, wrapped a piece of the baguette in it and then put in a 350 oven for about 5 minutes and it was just right.

IMG_2992

Thinly slice the ripe peach into about 6-8 slices. Try not to eat it as you are slicing like I did. If you can find a white peach - use one of those. The flavour of them are unreal.

IMG_2988

Using a grill pan- or your grill - spray with cooking spray - and grill the peaches. Because they are so thin - they don't take any time at all. Maybe a minute each side. Flip them so that you can grill both sides.

Slice your baguette in half (just a portion of it) and spread a light amount of the cream cheese. Top with the basil leaves, then the grilled peach slices, top with fresh ground pepper, and then top with the bocconcini cheese. I had the small pearls - so I sliced them in half and used about 5 of them.

IMG_2997

Put it in your panini grill and let it grill away. If you don't have a panini grill - no worries. Using either a grill pan or your grill - place something heavy on top - like a skillet - and you will get the nice grill marks and a perfect melt.

And that's it. The pepper really brings out the flavour of the peaches - and the cheese - well, seriously - so good.

IMG_2999

Deelish.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: