Monday, July 16, 2012

Short and sweet

IMG_2819
First blueberry of the season


Short and sweet. This blog post and the dessert that I made twice in one week. Once to have when my GF Tracy and her daughter, Emma, came for dinner. And then for dessert this past weekend for the whole family.

Whole family - so much fun! My brother's wee'ins were in town for the weekend - staying with us - and we had the best visit.

Anyways - this post is short - so dig in. This is probably the easiest dessert ever. I found a similar recipe in one of my Auntie Babs' cookbooks. The recipe was for the wontons and then pumpkin puree whipped with whip cream. Don't worry - I'll be trying that at some point. I have seen these dessert before, so it's not super inventive - but it is super tasty.

IMG_2787

Napoleon Dynamites

Wonton wrappers
Coconut oil (or butter)
1 tsp cane sugar
Whipped cream
Fresh fruit

Pre-heat the oven to 350.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil until it melts. Lay out the wonton wrappers - 3 wontons per dessert - you should be able to fit 12 on each sheet. Brush one side of the wontons with the melted coconut oil. Turn them over, and brush the other side. Lightly sprinkle each of teh wontons with a tiny bit of sugar. Then bake for 8 minutes each.

Watch them because they go from golden to brown - quite quickly. Remove them from the baking sheet and let cool on a cooling rack.

Whip the cream. I like to add lemon zest and vanilla.

IMG_2778

Berries - whatever you like, and whatever is in season - is best. I used blueberries, strawberries and raspberries from my sister's garden.

Then just put them together.

Wonton
Whipped cream
Fruit
Wonton
Whipped cream
Fruit
Wonton
Whipped cream
Fruit

IMG_2786 

And there you have it.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: