Monday, July 2, 2012

Summa travels.

Hi friends.
Oh my - it's been ages again since I have posted.
I sort of don't really know where the time goes. Seriously.
For the last week, at least, I do remember where I have been. I have been here, there and everywhere. Well, not everywhere, but from my little part of the world it sort of seemed that way.

We went to Bowen Island for our family reunion. 11 adults, 9 kids, 2 dogs, lots of food and beverages, a ton of laughs, wonderful and memorable visits. We started something great years ago - and have fortunately kept it up over the years.

IMG_2504 

We ate a lot  seriously. We hid in my aunt's amazing home overlooking the ocean, from the rain. I perfected 'the Caesar'. We were surrounded from the cutest little ones - who make each day full of fun - and a bit of exhaustion. Ha! How do parents do it day to day?

IMG_2638

After Bowen, we headed to Point Roberts for a bit of R&R. Hello R&R at Point Roberts. That place is so relaxing. I'm not sure what it is about it - but it just makes you want to catch your breath.

  IMG_2680 

The fact that I had some sort of a 24 hour flu bug that wiped me out - literally - really helped me just hang on my Royal Canadian for 2 days.

IMG_2732 

Then home for a day - and then off to Port Angeles, WA - some people call it PA. I don't. I stick with the real name - Port Angeles. Or sometimes, I just call it 'America'. I was there for 2 of my nephew's baseball games - of a tournament that he was in. They won both games. My nephew had 3 hits that brought in 3 runs. No big deal. Sniff. Superstar. I love that punk. He is not a boy anymore. Sadly - well not really sadly - because he has become a great young man - but sadly that he is now a young man. He is all grown up. He is still a wonderful young man - who will hug and give his aunt and Nanny and tell them that he loves us in front of all of his friends.

Then yesterday - I helped at a wedding. I was there to help plate up and get it ready to send it out to the guests. The caterer, she is my new friend - Kate - was incredible. She reminded me of Jann Arden. She was so organized, so fun, so fair, and made incredible food. I will be trying some of her recipes for sure. Well I don't really have the recipes - so I will be trying to figure them out. I was responsible for heating up yorkshire puddings with roast beef and then adding a pickled onion for garnish. And then at the end of the night - baking chocolate chip cookies to serve on top of a shooter glass of milk. Fun!

So all in all - my week off of work was wonderful. My travels, and new experience, was a lot of fun.

As for recipes - I have been cooking up a small storm. I have quite a few new ones to share with you - and hopefully I will stay on track and not wait until the end of summer to post something.

IMG_2350

Roasted Strawberries

Fresh strawberries - cleaned and cut in half - really use as many as you like - but they do reduce - so I would recommend 4 cups
1 tbsp cane sugar

Pre-heat oven to 400.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cut strawberries on the sheet. Sprinkle with cane sugar.

IMG_2339

Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.

Serve warm - or cooled with a dollop of whipped cream - and garnish with a fresh mint or basil leaf - if you have one.

IMG_2355
These strawberries are deelish. So sweet. You can serve these over ice cream or a piece of angel food cake.

Alright - I am getting ready to go and watch 'Ted' with my Hollywood Husband.

Loves.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Pilarrr said...

So happy you had a great time! I so excited to see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!