Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Grilled Salsa

For dinner tonight - I made the easiest dinner ever. Well maybe not the easiest - but pretty easy. What would the easiest dinner be? Toast? Toast with hot chocolate? Toast with butter that melts? And then you dip the buttery toast into the hot chocolate? Hm. Any ideas why I gained so much weight in university? Damn! Why does it have to be so good?

Ok, back on track.

This really was an easy dinner. Easy for a couple of reasons: 1. Chris did the bbq'ing. 2. I didn't actually have to cook anything. 3. While the dinner was on the grill - I texted my gf, I had a cold beer, I petted my dogs over and over, I talked about my bike ride at the gym - I don't think that anyone listened, and I played with my mini food process - I love that thing.

Man - am I distracted tonight. Lots on my mind I guess.

IMG_3100

IMG_3099

Ok - these gems....

IMG_3106

Made this.

Served with a salad, T-bone steak and grilled Quesadillas with spinach and havarti.

Grilled Salsa Sims Style

1 pepper
1/2 an onion - we used Walla Walla - nothing like them
1 tomato
1 cob of corn
A bunch of cilantro
1/2 a jalapeno
Kosher salt

On the grill - grill the onion, tomato and pepper - keep them all whole - and just throw them on the grill. Don't add anything. Seriously, nothing. Grill on medium heat for about 20 minutes. I had boiled the cob of corn the night before - but you could grill this too.

With a sharp knife, cut the kernels off the cob. What a great sentence. Kernels off the cob.

In a food processor, chop the onion and the jalapeno. Add in the cilantro and a pinch of kosher salt. Chop that up too. Then add the tomatoes and the pepper. Chop it up. Chop or grind to the consistency that you like. Pour it into a bowl - and then add in the corn.

IMG_3102

Ta-da! You have a wonderful, quick and flavourful salsa.

Alrighty - I am going to try and talk my husband into taking me to Qoola. So far - the persuasion isn't going so well. I think that I will trick him and say that they are giving out free guitar lessons - or that Metallica was spotted there. So many things to trick him with.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: