Monday, September 17, 2012

Hubba Hubba

IMG_3091 

Yesterday was my hubba-hubba husband's birthday. We had his besties in for his favourite dinner - Chicken Pot Pie. He could  probably live on that everyday. Oh wait. I wouldn't like that very much - because I would probably have to make it everyday. I just don't have the time. I am a very busy person. Very. Anyways, it was a great night. We sat outside the entire night - lit candles and turned on the twinkle lights. It's so hard to believe that summer is almost over and we were sitting outside with just tshirts (and pants), no jackets or blankets.

IMG_3376

We started with the easiest appetizer ever. Goat cheese with red pepper jelly - and some healthy crisps. Serioiusly! So easy.

And now for a recipe that I am so excited to share. I guess it's not really a recipe. It's more like a 'what can I put in a salad' idea. I don't have a picture of the dressing - but YOU HAVE TO try it. I am hooked on it so much that I am debating marrying it. You know it's good when...

IMG_3373

The Big Bowl Salad

This salad is inspired by Ferris' Oyster Bar. I had this salad with my friend Micki - who I saw the other night for the first time in years! It was so good to see her. Anyways - we went there for lunch years ago and she told me that I should try it. I did, and loved it.

Romaine lettuce - chopped
Fresh tomatoes - cherry or sliced into wedges
Shredded carrots
Yellow beets - peeled and thinly slicked
Pine nuts or pumpkin seeds
Chick peas - rinsed

IMG_3371

Last night we used the beets instead of the carrots and pumpkin seeds instead of pine nuts. Place everything in a big bowl - and ta da!

Dill Feta Dressing

1/2 cup of  plain yogurt
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of fresh dill
2 tbsp of lemon juice
1/3 cup feta cheese

In a food processor, chop the garlic. Add in the dill and chop that up too. Add in the yogurt, the lemon juice and mix it all up. Then add in the yogurt and mix it all up.  Drizzle this over the salad - and oh ya - you'll be in love.

Alrighty - it's time to get ready to sit on my Royal Canadian. I have the best day planned tomorrow. The very best. My besty all the way from Dublin is coming for a visit - and we're doing tea.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: