Sunday, September 23, 2012

Summa Plumma

IMG_3340 

Plum. Plum. Plum-plum.

We're still hooked on plums around this pad. My sister brought me over a giganto bag full of fresh plums that she picked off her plum tree. There were probably a gazillion of them. Well not that many, but there were a lot.

Last year I made a plum pie. You can find that HERE.

This year, I have been quite a bit more lazy and instead of baking up a storm, I have just baked them a little.

I am sort of in love with this dish. I love how easy it is - I love how tasty it is - and I love how this dark purple little gems turn into this deep red gooey topping for ice cream or plain yogurt. Seriously, the sweet syrup that is ready to top something deelish, or even to eat on their own - is outstanding. It just makes me so happy to know that nature grows these jewels and with a bit of sweetness added to them makes the most amazing treat.

Baked Plums

Plums
Honey
Cinnamon

Pre-heat the oven to 350. Wash as much plums as you want to add. I usually do up a batch of about 6-8 cups of plums. Cut them in half, and take out the pits. Place them in a baking dish.

Drizzle with a tiny bit of honey. 1 tbsp is plenty. Give it a good stir.

Top with a 1/2 tsp (or more) of cinnamon and stir it all in.

Bake for about 40 minutes.

IMG_3398

And that's it!

IMG_3405 

 Serve warm or let cool a bit - over vanilla ice cream or plain yogurt. Put some in a little container and take for lunch the next day. Oh my.

I wanted to share this picture of plum that my friend Tracy took last year when we did a Dinner Cruise. We bought some of these the other day at The Root Cellar - and the colour of them and the sweetness that bursts into your mouth - almost brings tears to my eyes. I know! I know that it's weird, but I can't help it! I just love them so.

Dinner Cruise 2011-84.2

Alright - run and be free. Get ready for your Monday - because it will be over before you know it. TF!

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: