Wednesday, October 10, 2012

ChChChangin'

Well hello Wednesday. How did you sneak up on me so fast? It was just Thanksgiving and now it's Wednesday. Soon it will be the weekend and I will be on holidays. HOLLYDAYS!!! Nothing fancy - a week off. A week of sleeping in, staying in my pj's all day long, eating bonbons, not answering the phone, watching hours and hours of my shows. Oh man. This is going to be grand.

KIDDING!

I can't sleep past 7. I don't really have pajamas - I need to get some. Bonbons - I wish. Not answering the phone - this actually may happen. And watching a lot of tv  hopefully.

So, I started this new workout program last week. It's quite intense. I am expected to go to at least 3 workouts a week - and aim for something everyday. Last week I went to 4 classes and went on a 35 run/walk. This week I have been to three classes and have one tomorrow morning early. It will be a Spin class. I like to refer to it as 'The spin bike seat is stuck up my hoohoo' or 'Sh*t!!!'. I sweat. I sweat a lot.

It's great. I love it. Some days have been harder than others - but the feeling afterwards - the sense of accomplishment, the energy in my bones, the encouragement, the urgency of change. I am not setting goals at this point. I am just wanting a change - I am looking for a lifestyle change. Changing my life. I am running for my life again.

About a month ago, my husband told me that he had bought something - and that I couldn't laugh at him. I wouldn't laughed. Well I would have - if he bought a thong. Or a snuggy. He told me that he had bought the NutriBullet - and that we were going to give it a try.

Well - it's been a month - and we love it! We use it everyday. I make a drink every morning for my breakfast. Chris has his between work and Kunga.  He has already lost some weight - typical boy - but we are both feeling healthy. And how can we not. The drink can be filled with whatever you want to add.  Everything is raw - fresh - deelish.

IMG_3450 

Here is a typical breakfast drink.

A bunch of spinach, a kale leaf, half an avocado, half a grapefruit, grapes, hemp hearts, a plum, flax seed and water.

IMG_3453 
 Add it all in - and whip it up.

IMG_3454 
And that's it. Literally 10 seconds.

IMG_3456 

I love the drinks. They are earthy, flavourful and so good for you. We add so many different fruits and vegetables. Cucumbers, watermelons, oranges, bananas. So many possibilities. Adding the hemp hearts, flax seeds or goji berries - are good for the boost.

If you're looking for something different to incorporate into your diet - I would totally recommend this. I would order it online - as it will come with a bunch of nutritional information and a recipe book.

Alright - I need to hit the hay. Hay hittin'.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: