Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Simple dinner

Week 6 of the New Program - is going pretty good. So far, I have worked out 2 days out of 3 where I sweated buckets (literally), used cursed words that a lady shouldn't say, and made it through. I look at the 'sweat' as an indication that I am working as hard as I can. I look at the 'curse words' as a reward for my struggles as I work hard. And when I am done at the end of the day - it's refreshing to know that I made it through, I didn't die, and I will do it all over again.

One thing that I struggle with, is not seeing the results that I am wanting to see. I feel that I workout hard at least 5 days a week; I am really focusing on what I am eating; I am getting lots of sleep; I am drinking lots of water - and still nothing. Week 4, I lost 4 pounds. Wahoo! Week 5, gained a pound. Curses. And then, that little voice in my head, reminds me that it took me many, many years to get to where I am now, and it will take me many years to get to where I want to be. And then I have to remember that this isn't a temporary program - but a change in the way I live my life.

Tuesday's are my day off - unless I need t miss a workout on any other day besides Friday. It's nice to come home from work - walk the pups, and make a dinner that should last us for another couple of days.

Tonight's dinner was something that I have wanted to make for a couple of weeks now. I am sort of addicted to making a dish that I can count for protein and making enough of it to last a couple of days. It's all about planning. Planning people!

IMG_3490 

Individual Meatloafs - Italian and Mexican

Italian Meatloaf
1 pack of lean ground turkey (I am not sure the weight - but you can pick up a pack of 4 for $20 at Costco!)
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1 egg
2 tbsp of Italian seasoning*
2 tbsp fine whole wheat bread crumbs

*If you don't have italian seasoning - you can use dried oregano, garlic powder, chili flakes

Mexican Meatloaf
1 pack of lean ground turkey
2 tbsp of tomato paste
2 tbsp of fine whole wheat bread crumbs
1 tbsp of ground cumin
1 tsp of garlic powder
Dashes of tabasco sauce (depending on how hot you like it)

Pre-heat the oven to 400. Mix all of the ingredients together. Using either a small loaf pan - like THIS one - or muffin tins - spray the pans with cooking spray - or a olive oil (I have my olive oil in a spritzer bottle). Divide the meat into 4 and place it in the tins.

Bake for 40-45 minutes.

IMG_3493 

Serve with mashed cauliflower (instead of adding butter, I used 2 tbsp of goat cheese - oh hello goat cheese, I love ya), salad or a sweet potato.

IMG_3492

Alrighty oh. I am off to see who won the American election. Actually, I'm not. I am off to find a pair of rainboots online.

Loves.

Enjoy!


No comments: