Monday, December 31, 2012

Love, love you all.

IMG_3738


Another year has come and gone by so quickly. In a blink of an eye - we are passing on this year of 2012 - and starting a brand new one. 2013! Two thousand and thirteen. Wow.

This year has been a great year. I have been blessed with 'better' health. I have been blessed with a year filled with friendship and love from my family and friends. I have celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. We have worked hard and treated ourselves to a brand spankin' new shed (that we adore) and a new truck. And I think that although it wasn't for the full year - I have taken on a new workout/health/nutrition program that I have for the past three months been falling in love with.

This year has been a good one for us. I don't have regrets about things that I didn't accomplish, places I didn't go, races that I didn't run, weight that I didn't lose (I did end up losing 7 pounds - hah!), paintings that I didn't paint, organizing that I didn't organize... I have realized that life is so precious that I can't have hang ups on what I didn't get done - and need to focus on what I did.

I know that I have said this before - maybe in different words - but when I am taking care of myself - life is just so much better. I am not sure how I can explain it better than that. And for me - taking care of myself is eating healthy, working out, getting lots of sleep, drinking lots of water, staying positive, loving those who want to be loved, no stress, and appreciating myself. Those are all simple things that I can do everyday. I have only added things that I know that I can do. And when I do all of these things, then other things will just fall into place.

My new work out regime - is helping me in so many more ways than I thought. I think that the biggest thing for me - is finally taking the time to take care of myself. Spending 5 days a week exercising - is gold for me. GOLD. When I do that - I feel exhilarated. I feel invincible. I feel strong. I feel powerful. I know that isn't the same for everyone - but it definitely is how I feel. I just wish that it didn't take me so long to figure this out.

I have goals set for this year. I am not quite ready to share them. I fear that if I share them and then have to alter them or don't meet them - that I have failed myself. So at this time - I have to change that focus - and instead of already thinking of how I may fail - think of how I am going to whip those goals butts - and celebrate the success.

IMG_3603_2 
I can't handle those faces - they are too cute - and they remind me for every negative their needs to be a positive. For every time they don't come when they're called - they will always snuggle with us in bed at night. 

My new mantra for 2013 is: For every negative thought - you have to have a positive thought to counter it.

Some may say 'Just don't have any negative thoughts'. And to that I would say 'Impossible. Unless we're living on Little House on the Prairie - it's impossible to never have some type of negative thought'. Again, that's for me. With that being said - I am not going to always look for something negative. Trust me. I will just let those pop up whenever they need to.

For example:

Rant: I am taking some pretty heavy duty medication for the sarcoidosis/uveitis right now - that I am not a big fan of - and it sometimes makes me nauseous and I can sometimes feel defeated.
Rave: Today I gave myself my first injection of the meds - instead of having my dear friend Judy do it for me. I will never be a nurse and I am sure that if a nurse saw me perform this today - that they would have cringed - but nonetheless I did it!

Life is grand.

Christmas was lovely. The entire holiday season. I will miss it as I always do. I love the house being decorated - the lights, the tree, the little sentimental things that come out once a year that always generate a ton of memories. I love it all.

IMG_3715
Christmas morning breakfast. Croissants, lox with capers, cream cheese with fresh dill, scrambled eggs and mimosas. 

IMG_3727
Christmas dinner place settings. A little box filled with chocolate. 

IMG_3712
My two lovelies on Christmas morning waiting for their coffee. 

I haven't been cooking too much this season. We did have Christmas dinner and I cooked all of our favourites. What I did cook the other night to go along with our turkey soup were Gruyere Cheese Popovers. I finally used the popover pans that Babs gave me for a shower gift. I loved them - and CANNOT WAIT to try them again.

IMG_3748


Gruyere Cheese and Pepper Popovers

Pre-heat the oven to 375.

2 cups of milk (I used skim)
4 eggs
2 cups of flour
Pepper
Gruyere cheese - about 1/2 cup cut into small cubes - enough for 3 cubes for each popover
Cooking spray

Place the popover tins (or muffin tins) in the pre-heated oven on a baking sheet - and let them get nice and hot.

Warm the milk on the stove. Warm to get hot - but not too hot that it burns.

Whisk the eggs. Add the pepper, whisk some more. Then slowly add in the milk while whisking. Don't stop whisking. Add in the flour - and continue to whisk.

Remove the pans from the oven. Spray generously with cooking spray.

Fill the pans almost to the top.

Place 3 cubes into each pan.

Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.

IMG_3749 

Remove from the oven. They will easily come out of the pans. Serve hot.

Alrighty my friends.

Thank you to those who pop into my blog from time to time. I appreciate you all. I love the feedback that you give me - and I hope that you continue to check in. I hope that I can in someway bring a smile to your face, give you an idea of what you can make for dinner, and share my stories with you.

Lots and lots of Love!!! And all of the very, very best in this new year.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: