Tuesday, January 29, 2013

That's what she said.

IMG_2248 

I know that the intent of this blog was to talk about the food that I was making. For the most part that is the focus. I like to talk about the food and dishes that I love. I love to talk about entertaining and the food that we do for our parties. I like to talk about family and friends. I like to talk about my 'running career'. I love to talk about my husband and our pups. I like to pretty much just talk in general. From time to time - I have a thought that I just can't budge and so I tend to use this as my 'venue' to get it off of my chest; and therefore, sometimes I don't post a recipe. I have so many recipes to share that I will never run out of those.

Today's post is without a recipe. It's about how I keep thinking of some of the advice, encouragement, love, etc. that I have been given over the years. I am not sure how I remember all of these - but I remember when I heard it that it didn't resonate to me like it does with me now.

I wanted to share some of these inspirational quotes because they mean so much to me. Oh - and when I say 'quotes' please don't quote me. I may be off a bit.

Micki (Personal trainer and friend): You can do this. You will do this. You are doing this. (She would say this whenever we were working out - her saying this made me feel like I could accomplish it all - and I still hear her saying this when I am struggling to get through a workout/run)

Grandma: Shirl, you need to learn how to accept things from people and not always give. (I would love bringing her treats or taking her out for treats - and she would always get upset if I didn't let her treat)

Marsha (Cuzzie): It's hard, but you just have to do it, make it part of your life. (Last year on the beach at our family reunion we talked about how making fitness a part of your life was so important)

Mom: She doesn't have a boyfriend, but you have a garden don't ya hon? (ahaha!!! The best one. I think that my mom used to think that I was uncomfortable when people would ask me if I had a boyfriend - so she would like to say that I had a garden to make it seem like I had something going on)

Michele (BDHQ): Live your best life. (She says this all the time - and I love it - because it is so true)

Nancy (Bestie): Good shit. (She used to do a little shuffle and pretend to smoke a cigarette and say 'good shit' as she was doing it. And it would make me laugh. And when I hear that saying I always think of her)

Pink (Famous singer): Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame. Where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned. But just because you burn doesn't mean you're gonna die, you gotta get up and try, try, try. You gotta get up and try. (I am not sure if she is specifically saying this to me - but to me it means - have desire to do something, don't be afraid to try - you just have to try and good things will happen)

Anyways - these are just a few. Things that I like to think about from time to time - and remind me of what's important in my life - family, friends, laughter, courage, strength, dedication and love.

Loves.

Enjoy!

No comments: