Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dancing for salmon

I don't have too much to write tonight - mostly because it's been a super busy weekend and I just want to curl up on the couch, watch the hockey game, snuggle with the pups, think about having a large bowl of ice cream. All of the above are true except for the last one. I actually don't really think about having a big bowl of ice cream, even though I LOVE ice cream. If it's not in the house, which it isn't, then I don't really think about it. If there was some in the house, then I would be doing everything in my power to not grab the carton, a tea towel to prevent frost bite on my fingers and a spoon. I would just eat it and love it. So, good thing that I don't have any. See! See how unexciting this is going to be.

What I really want to share is another recipe that I have been tweaking - something that are great as a meal - or a tasty appetizer. Fish Tacos. We had them for dinner last Saturday night, and then I served them up for an appetizer tonight before having Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs (you can find that recipe HERE).

Before I share the recipe - I want to show you a little something that will definitely confirm how good these were.

IMG_3900
When there is a promise for some salmon - the dancing shoes come out.

IMG_3898
She moves her feet and her arms to the same beat - she is very talented.

IMG_3897
Every 4th beat, she moves her head to the side - how she choreographed this - I don't know - pure, raw talent


IMG_3889

Fish Tacos

The good thing about these - are that you can make them with anything that you like - chicken, prawns, steak, scallops, tofu or just a bunch of vegetables.

Corn tortillas
Salmon fillet
Lettuce
Peppers
Guacamole sauce - see below

Cook your salmon however you like. I like to bake mine in aluminum foil with a bit of kosher salt and pepper and a squirt of lemon in a 375 oven for about 25 minutes. It's easy, and the salmon is always super moist.

IMG_3886 

For the vegetables - and again - you can use whatever you like - tonight I used shredded cabbage and red peppers. Chop the lettuce and peppers into thin strips.

IMG_3887 

Heat the corn tortillas in a skillet set to medium heat - for about 30-40 seconds each side. If you want to do a bunch of them before serving - you can wrap them in a tea towel to keep them nice and warm.

IMG_3877 

Guacamole Sauce

2 avocados
1 large bunch of fresh cilantro
Juice of one lime
1/2 jalapeno (more if you like it spicy)
1 cup of non-fat plain yogurt
Kosher salt

IMG_3879 

 Cut the avocados in half. With the sharp edge of the knife - tap the pit so that the knife is 'stuck' and gently pull out the pit. Using a spoon, gently scoop out the avocado from the skin.

IMG_3880

In a food processor, add in the cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno and chop/grind it up. Add in the yogurt and give it another pulse to mix it all up. Add in the avocado and pulse it up again so that it is nice and smooth.

IMG_3883 

Because the avocados have citrus in with them, this will prevent it from browning - and will last in your fridge for a couple of days.

IMG_3893 

And then put them all together. Corn tortilla, fish, salad and top with guacamole sauce.

Alrighty - I am about to enjoy this last bits of this weekend, before we do it all over again.

Loves.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Josie is so adorable! Have you tried that banana, cocoa, peanut butter ice cream recipe? It is super good. Hugs to you!