Thursday, July 18, 2013

When you think that you can't, you can.

So, some of you may know, I am on a plan to change my life. A plan to be healthy. A plan to eat well. A plan to be the best that I can be. A plan to be consistent. A plan to push myself. A plan to not give up, no matter how hard things get. A plan to just do it. A plan to run for my life.

So far, the plan is working. There have been a few hiccups along the way, but for the most part, the last 9 months have been wonderful. Incredible.

I have lost a few pounds (I could lose a lot more), I have got myself into good shape - by running, spinning, boot camping, and have just started biking. I have met some wonderful people - some of who I am now calling friends, good friends. I have ran two races - one of which I ran the entire race without stopping. And I have done a mud obstacle course.

I like to remind myself from time to time - about how scared I was when I started this journey and how I was afraid that I would have to give things up. I was afraid that I would lose time for me. I was afraid that I would lose time with my husband and pups - and that he would resent me. I was afraid that my life would get out of control and would be filled with unorganized chaos. When I think back and remember those feelings - I am so gloriously grateful for what has actually happened.

Almost all of my concerns and hesitations - are only thoughts. I have had to give things up - but it's all for the good. Staying at home every night, not doing much - has been changed to only pretty much one night a week that I am home. The other nights - I am at a workout, a long dog walk, or doing errands that I can't do the other nights. The time that I thought that I would lose for me - has just been replaced with different time for me. Who would have known that I would have loved heading to a workout on any day of the week. I realized that this is time for me. The time that I would have spent with my husband and pups, is still spent with them - just in different spurts. I may be home a little later - or have to leave a little earlier. It just makes the time together, so much more worth it. I know now, and I sort of can't believe that I thought that my husband may have resented me. Instead he is my biggest fan - my hardest pusher - and he is sharing this entire journey with me. My life does have a bit of unorganized chaos - but it also has organized chaos. It has made me realize that I like being organized - and when I am organized, I do better. I am a planner - and I like to plan my week. When I am organized and I prepare - I am in my prime.

Anyways - I just wanted to share this with you. If you are scared or afraid to try something new - don't be. Welcome the thoughts - write them down - and then envision yourself taking the path that you are destined to take. Making time for you - and taking care of yourself isn't easy if you're not used to it. But you deserve it.

I feel better for sharing that.

Ok - just a quick food post. Who likes food? I do!!!

IMG_4825

Last weekend we had our friends the Goody's over with their sweet little baby Avery. I heart her. I want to squeeze her and perhaps bite her cheek - but I won't because you aren't supposed to do that to children. She let me hold her - and let me snap quite a few pics of her - I just can't get enough of her expression.

We made this to go with dinner - if you like salad, like the barbeque - then you should try this one.

IMG_4822

Grilled Caesar Salad

Romaine lettuce - try and get the long narrow bunches - slice down the middle (lengthwise)
Bacon
Parmesan cheese

Dressing:
1/2 cup non-fat mayonnaise
Juice of one lemon
2 cloves of garlic
Kosher salt
Dash of worcestershire sauce

For the dressing - in a food processor - whip up the ingredients - keep cool in the fridge.

I like to bake my bacon in the oven. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil - bake in a 400 oven for about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool - and then chop into pieces.

Lightly mist the cut side of the romaine lettuce and season with a pinch of kosher salt. Place cut side down on grill - and grill for about 5 minutes.

Remove the lettuce from the grill and place on a platter. Top with generous drizzle of the dressing. Top with the bacon and large shavings of parmesan cheese (I use my vegetable peeler).

IMG_4820

And that's it.

Super easy. Super tasty.

Alright friends. Husband is home - barbecuing some chicken and cauliflower. And then we're going to spend an hour watching a show - and getting ready for one day before the weekend. Life is lovely.

Loves.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

T Sparkes said...

Your such a inspiration Cheryl! Thanks for reminding everyone their not alone in their fears. And, I have to try that salad - yummy!